Data protection guidelines / DGSVO
1. Data controller and data protection officer
In this data protection declaration, R. Weisshaupt AG explains in the following: "WEP" or "we") how it manages your personal data as "controller". This data protection declaration applies to the processing of personal data of customers, potential customers (prospects) and persons who otherwise enter into a contract with WEP as a buyer or supplier. WEP has a branch unit and can be contacted at the coordinates given in point 7.4
All information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person is personal data. This is information that can reasonably be linked to a person.
The data protection officer is THEMIS-SECURITY.
It can be reached under the following coordinates:
Rue de l'Abbaye No. 5 at 4040 Herstal
Mobilephone: +32 4 378 32 30
2. Personal data that we process as a data controller
WEP can collect your personal information in a number of ways. We process the personal data that you provide to us when you take part in an action or use our services and that you transmit to us directly or indirectly or that enable us to provide data on your interests, your behavior and your preferences (cookies) to save.
Information You Provide To Us
When you send a request to WEP, for example through the website, we need the following personal information:
- last name first name;
- email address and telephone;
- possibly other information relevant to your request, such as: B. Your activity or other additional options.
When you enter into a contract with WEP, we need the following personal information, depending on the type of contract, product or service:
- surname, first name, address, zip code;
- contact details (telephone number and email address);
- business number;
- financial data.
This personal data must be communicated to us directly. If you do not provide us with the "mandatory" information (which varies depending on the type of contract), we may not be able to provide you with the service you have requested and complete the contract.
Information about your use of our services and / or products
If you use the services offered by WEP or conclude a contract with us, we process data such as:
- data about your device, e.g. B. a MAC address, IP address or other number;
- your preferences and communication parameters;
- the data that we associate with certain profiles that we create of you based on your consumer behavior (e.g. the frequency with which you visit our website, make a purchase or request a service);
- surfing behavior that was determined on the basis of our own observations or cookies (see also Article 6 of this data protection declaration);
- the results of customer satisfaction surveys;
- data about your use of the services we offer.
3. Foundations and Legitimate Interests
We process personal data for the following legal reasons:
- execution of a contract concluded with you or pre-contractual measures;
- legal obligation;
- conducting a public interest mission;
- legitimate interest of WEP or third parties.
We process personal data in a legitimate interest when we use your data to provide services and content, related products and services, to communicate with you and for advertising or marketing purposes in connection with products or services that you have purchased in the past . Our legitimate interests include, for example: Marketing and advertising similar products or services that you have purchased in the past, communication, management and information security, research and analysis of our products or services, corporate governance, affair of it legal, internal administration and disclosure to our affiliates.
4. The purposes for which we process personal data
WEP processes personal data for the following purposes (goals, objectives):
- maintaining customer relationships (including maintaining a direct relationship between WEP, members of the approved network, service partners, including fulfilling contracts and pursuing legitimate interests);
- process and manage orders (including invoicing) in order to respond to your inquiry and / or to prepare or execute a contract;
- provide customer service, fulfill warranty obligations and those of the members of the authorized network or the service partners, process complaints and inquiries, respond to your inquiries and execute contracts or represent legitimate interests;
- proactive contact with customers in the event of device malfunctions or errors or to make service appointments, conclude a contract or for legitimate interests;
- carry out or coordinate product recalls based on legitimate interests or legal obligations;
- conduct market research to improve our business, brands, services and products and to determine what customers want based on legitimate interests;
- to respect legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our rights;
- to improve the quality of the data based on our legitimate interests through the address and the control of the postcode;
- linking and analysis of cookies from our websites with customer data that we know. We do this in order to adapt the content of our communication to your personal preferences as much as possible and to pursue our legitimate interests.
5. Third parties involved in the processing
In some cases, WEP shares Personal Data with third parties who are independent "controllers". We explain below when this is the case and why. WEP can share data with:
- the third parties to whom we are legally obliged or to provide permissible data;
- the third, if we suspect a violation of third party rights, criminal offenses or abuse, if they are a legitimate interest, or if they are the authorities. They can also be authorities such as the police or the public prosecutor's office;
- the parties who assist WEP in its services and are not subcontractors of personal data in order to pursue their legitimate interests;
- the parties who assist WEP in developing (direct) marketing activities to pursue their legitimate interests.
The transfer of personal data to the above-mentioned third parties only takes place if this is permitted on the basis of the applicable laws and regulations.
WEP also uses third-party services that act as “processors” (e.g. hosting service providers, certain software providers, mobility service providers or parties that organize or execute promotions or deliveries. Surveys for WEP) With these providers, WEP is obliged to enter into a subcontracting agreement that provides that they only process personal data in accordance with the instructions and under the supervision of WEP.
We currently do not store any personal data outside of the European Union. If personal data is intentionally transmitted outside of the European Union, we take on additional guarantees such as the conclusion of a standard contract with the European Union.
As part of our activities (accommodation, security, website) we process the personal data that you provide to us as a subcontractor, in accordance with article 8 of the RGPD regulations. This processing is subject to our “GDPR Agreement”, which is submitted when our contracts are signed.
6. Marketing, Profiling and Cookies
In addition, we and third parties automatically collect certain information about the history of your activities on our website inte r network and third-party applications use automated means, such as cookies, according to the settings you made available. Unique cookie IDs or other identifiers are assigned or collected via certain cookies and similar technologies. This allows data to be collected while you are using the website or applications or when they are running in the background on your computer. We can combine it with other information about you or your computer, such as: B. an IP address. If we need permission to do this, we will request it before processing.
We invite you to read our cookie statement for more information on the cookies and similar technologies used and how to configure your settings.
7. Your rights, including your right to object
You have the right to know what personal data we have stored about you and to whom we have passed on your personal data.
In addition, you have the right, in accordance with applicable law, to request us to correct, update, delete your personal data, restrict the processing of your personal data or provide your personal data in a structured format. commonly used and machine readable for transferring to another company.
We are obliged to draw your attention to your absolute right to object to direct marketing and to your right to object to any processing, including profiling, that is carried out to pursue the legitimate interests of WEP or third parties. and lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. In Belgium it is the data protection authority (https://wwwautoriteprotectiondonnees.be). In Germany it is the BFDI (https://www.bfdi.bund.de).
The rights of access, correction, restriction of processing, deletion or portability of your data as well as revocation of the agreement can be exercised free of charge by e-mail, form, telephone or letter to the following addresses or numbers:
|Post||WEP Weisshaupt GmbH
|Phone||+ 49 0 241 565 2989|
We have taken suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized or illegal processing.
If you are of the opinion that your data is not properly protected or if you have indications of improper or irregular use of your personal data, please contact our customer service at the address given in number 7.4.
We only keep personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained, unless we are required by law to keep personal data for an extended period or this appears necessary to deal with a possible dispute .
11. Contact / questions
If you have any questions or comments about this data protection declaration and / or the processing of personal data, you can contact us at the addresses or numbers mentioned in number 7.4.